Ironclad Masterclass in Effective Strategy
|Open (Public) Courses||£1,299 (£1,170 with Early Bird discount)|
|In Company Delivery||£5,500 (plus expenses)|
The Ironclad Strategy Masterclass is a combination of our three key training courses – An Introduction to Planning, Implementing and Managing an Effective Strategy; The Tools and Techniques of Strategy Analysis; and Strategic Thinking for Senior Management – and gives an almost unprecedented grounding in strategy theory and practice for executive managers over 5 consecutive days.
To book your place at our next Ironclad Strategy Masterclass Training course, please click here.
What will I learn?
During this course we give participants an in-depth understanding of:
- Strategy governance
- Setting strategic direction
- Developing strategic options
- Selecting strategies
- Implementation planning
- Developing performance criteria
- Supporting change
- Strategy risk management
- Environmental scanning
- Monitoring and measuring performance
- Adapting and changing a strategy
The Tools and Techniques of Strategy Analysis
- Techniques for analysing goals and performance.
- Industry analysis – From environment analysis (PESTEL) to industry analysis (Porter’s Five Forces) and beyond.
- Resource and capability analysis – The role of resources and capabilities in strategy formulation.
- Selecting the right tool for the job.
The Analysis of Competitive Advantage
- Sources of competitive advantage.
- Analysing cost advantage.
- Analysing differentiation advantage.
- Developing a high performance board and senior management team
- What it means to think strategically
- How to develop a strategically-focused agenda
- What tools and techniques can be used to enhance strategic thinking and decision-making
Who is it for?
Senior managers who wish to substantially increase their strategic capability, or those aspiring to careers in strategy. This course is appropriate to all organisations, both large and small, and of any type.
How will my company or organisation benefit?
Without a robust approach to strategy, organisations run the very real risk of catastrophic failure. For this reason alone there is a compelling reason to address this gap.
Additionally, market analysts, investors and financiers are paying increasing attention, and applying increasing weight, to the strategic capabilities (and maturity) of organisations. An organisation that thinks about, plans and manages strategy well represents reduced risk and is increasingly attractive and sought-out.
Why does this programme stand out?
- Calibre and credentials of course leaders – professional strategists with significant real-world, global experience in a wide variety of sectors. Our course leaders have been there and done it.
- Our content selection is based upon what actually works and is used to great effect by the top strategic operators in the market. We do not teach emerging theoretical academic models with little evidence of practical application or proven value.
- Experiential learning – all concepts, tools and techniques are explored through the use of case studies.
- The calibre of other participants – the majority of our participants are existing or emerging leaders in their particular fields, and add significant value to group discussions.
- Ongoing peer networks between participants and presenters – through our private Linkedin group and regular social events including private dinners, drinks, racing, rugby, sailing and shooting days we promote and support the development of peer networks between participants.
Course: Ironclad Masterclass in Effective Strategy
Duration: 5 days
Fee: £1,299 pp (incl. lunch and refreshments)
Dates: Please see ‘Bookings‘ below.
Location: Central London. Please contact us for details of regional / international courses.
Related courses: Our key, related courses are:
- Planning, Implementing and Managing an Effective Strategy (2 days - £599)
- The Tools and Techniques of Strategy Analysis (2 days – £599)
- Strategic Thinking for Senior Management (1 day – £299)
- These three courses combine to form the Ironclad Masterclass in Strategy programme (5 days - £1,299)