Strategic Management Training:
Planning, Implementing and Managing an Effective Strategy
|Open (Public) Courses||£599 (£539 with Early Bird discount)|
|In Company Delivery||£2,200 (plus expenses)|
Planning, implementing and managing strategy are critical drivers of the success of an organisation. They have almost equal importance in realising the value of a good strategy. Many organisations do not fully understand the importance of aligning effective planning, exceptional implementation, and careful, adaptive strategy management however. Because of this, they diminish their strategic success and put at risk their competitive advantage. The remedy is effective strategic management training and knowledge of a robust process and framework.
During this intensive, two-day programme we provide a comprehensive introduction to an end-to-end approach to strategic planning, implementation and management. Based on proven best practices, we consider the importance of governance, risk, culture and the ability to change to an effective strategy. Participants explore thinking, processes, tools, techniques and methods that underpin the ‘strategic maturity’ of an organisation and, ultimately, support strategic success and realisation of competitive advantage.
To book your place at our next Strategic Management Training course, please click here.
What will I learn?
During this course we give participants a practical understanding of:
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy governance
- Setting strategic direction
- Strategy analysis
- Developing strategic options
- Selecting strategies
- Strategy Implementation
- Implementation planning
- Developing performance criteria
- Supporting change
- Strategy Management
- Strategy risk management
- Environmental scanning
- Monitoring and measuring performance
- Adapting and changing a strategy
Who is it for?
Senior managers involved in strategic decision-making who want to understand, champion and be able to apply a robust approach to strategy within their organisation. This course is appropriate to all organisations, both large and small, and of any type.
How will my company or organisation benefit from strategic management training?
Without a robust approach to strategic planning, implementation and management, organisations run the very real risk of catastrophic failure. For this reason alone there is a compelling reason to address this gap.
Additionally, market analysts, investors and financiers are paying increasing attention, and applying increasing weight, to the strategic capabilities (and maturity) of organisations. An organisation that thinks about, plans and manages strategy well represents reduced risk and is increasingly attractive and sought-out.
Why does this programme stand out?
- Calibre and credentials of course leaders – professional strategists with significant real-world, global experience in a wide variety of sectors. Our course leaders have been there and done it.
- Our content selection is based upon what actually works and is used to great effect by the top strategic operators in the market. We do not teach emerging theoretical academic models with little evidence of practical application or proven value.
- Experiential learning – all concepts, tools and techniques are explored through the use of case studies.
- The calibre of other participants – the majority of our participants are existing or emerging leaders in their particular fields, and add significant value to group discussions.
- Ongoing peer networks between participants and presenters – through our private Linkedin group and regular social events including private dinners, drinks, racing, rugby, sailing and shooting days we promote and support the development of peer networks between participants.
Course: Planning, Implementing & Managing an Effective Strategy
Duration: 2 days
Fee: £599 pp (incl. lunch and all refreshments)
Dates: Please see ‘Bookings‘ below.
Location: Central London. Please contact us for details of regional / international courses.
Related courses: Our key, related courses are:
- Planning, Implementing and Managing an Effective Strategy
- The Tools and Techniques of Strategy Analysis
- Strategic Thinking for Senior Management
- These three courses combine to form the Ironclad Masterclass in Strategy programme